Latest Response to the COVID-19 Crisis
HCMC Legal places the well-being of our employees and clients at the center of our response to the COVID-19 crisis.
Currently we plan to remain open for business at all HCMC Legal facilities – including all Hire Counsel Review Centers – while continuing to monitor and respond to the evolving situation. Our leadership team remains vigilant in following guidance from the World Health Organization (WHO), Centers for Disease Control (CDC) www.cdc.gov and local health organizations, to help prevent the spread of the virus.
In addition to the actions we detailed in our previous communication, we have implemented the following steps to maintain a safe and healthy work environment:
- Conducted density studies to determine if appropriate accommodations can be made to modify workroom layouts, allowing for greater distances between review team members, as noted by the CDC.
- Supplied HEPA air purifiers, which filter respirable particulates, to each Hire Counsel Review Center room.
- Re-stocked all cleaning/sanitizing/disinfecting supplies at each facility.
- Posted notices at all facilities to remind employees about how to prevent spreading germs:
- Stay at home if you’re sick.
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water, or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Practice coughing and sneezing hygiene etiquette.
HCMC Legal is committed to continuing to serve our clients during the COVID-19 crisis. At this time, we strongly recommend that the following three categories of document reviewers be considered for remote work, under HCMC supervision:
- Employees who have been exposed to “hot zones” (as defined by the CDC.)
- Employees who have an adverse/compromised medical condition.
- Employees who have traveled internationally from Europe or APJ.
Hire Counsel Project Managers will be contacting any affected clients for authorization, and to address any other questions they may have about our response to the pandemic.
Our clients’ business and the health of our employees is at the forefront of our minds during these unusual and extraordinary times. We will continue to provide updates as circumstances warrant.
President and Chief Executive Officer